Saturday, February 17, 2018

FEBRUARY 12, 2018

Elder Jeffery R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles has said: “Don’t give up. … Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead. … You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust in God and believe in good things to come.

So alot of you know that I have been going through a lot right now. So this quote has really helped me. I love having this gospel in my life. Preaching God's word has been a huge miracle to me. The reason is well it took me almost two years to get out here. I had almost thought I wouldn't serve. Things changed for me when I decided to Call my bishop one last time. At that point my whole desire to serve was gone. I had started applying to schools and looking into apartments down in Provo. However I got a prompting to text my bishop and ask him about the mission papers. He told me to call and I did. In that moment all of my desire to serve came back. I was excited to serve and couldn't wait to start the papers. I finished the papers really quick and sacrificed some sleep. I was that excited. Granted I didn't submit them in one day, but I had all but the medical stuff done in one night. Now here I am serving a mission in California. Somewhere i never imagined I would be go. I love it so very much and would never change the decision to serve. I have seen so many miracles out here. I have seen so many come closer to God because they decided to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. I know without a doubt that this is Christ's church on the Earth today! 
If at any point you are struggling or doubting in God I would tell you to pray to God. I promise you he is there. He is real and I know because I am here on a mission. What I have been through in my 20 years of life has shown me that God is there. He saved me from death at times. He helped me when things were tough. He will answer your prayers. Trust in him and all will work out.


One last thing. Also we did a days for girls service and sewed bags for girls in Africa. I got to use a serger I was so happy about that!!! Ha mainly because I love sewing. We are going to the temple on Thursday and I am so excited about it. Time is running out for me to email. Time is short that is for sure. We picked up 4 new investigators last week. And ha are kind of being Poachers of the YSA only because she isn't ready to be passed off to the YSA elders yet. She needs to feel more comfortable and let us know which ward she wants to go to. 

I hope you all have an awesome week!!!
Also huge news! My MTC teacher got engaged!!! I'm super excited and happy for her!!!!

Love,
Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment